Held on 6th of September 2018 in Beijing, the 5th Sino-German Energy Conservation and Low Carbon Technology Cooperation and Exchange Forum was commissioned by the Federal Ministry of Germany for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) and the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) and jointly organized by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and the ESCO Committee of China Energy Conservation Association (EMCA). It is part of the Sino-German Working Group on Energy Efficiency of the Sino-German Energy Partnership. The Sino-German Working Group on Energy Efficiency – which encompasses leading institutions such as GIZ, the National Energy Conservation Center (NECC) and many others – aims to promote bilateral cooperation and mutual benefits in the energy and energy efficiency sectors in both China and Germany. This event is part of the long-term cooperation between GIZ and EMCA, who are both committed to the exchange and cooperation between Chinese and German enterprises in the field of energy efficiency. The ESCO Committee of China Energy Conservation Association (EMCA) is a leading industry association of Energy Service Companies (ESCOs) in China and consists of around 1,100 members.
The Sino-German Energy Conservation and Low Carbon Technology Cooperation and Exchange Forum was held for the fifth consecutive year. The main objective of the forum was to build a bridge between Germany’s innovative technologies and products and China’s energy service companies and energy-intense companies. In doing so, the forum fostered and provided for technical exchange, demonstration of best practices and business opportunities. More than 200 leading Chinese energy service companies and energy-intense companies participated in the event.
Based on a pre-survey market research conducted through EMCA, this year’s forum focused predominantly on the following branches and technologies:
- Efficient cooling systems and heat recovery;
- Intelligent controlling systems;
- Integrated energy management, decentralized energy supply;
- Recovery of residual heat and pressure and
- Efficient motors, pumps and drive devices.
In order to promote the exchange and cooperation between Germany and China, GIZ organized eight available spaces for the German companies to present their technical solutions, products and services, these include:
- thyssenkrupp (China) Ltd. - Thyssenkrupp’s practices on CCUS and utilizing renewable energy
- Siemens Limited China - Siemens distributed energy helps low carbon and energy saving & Siemens digital building energy saving solution
- Caterpillar Energy System Technology (Beijing) Co., Ltd. - Application of MWM Gensets
- ENEXIO Energy Technology (Beijing) Co. Ltd - Power cooling solutions
- Oventrop (China) HVAC Technology Co., Ltd - High efficiency HVAC and potable water system
- Diehl Metering (Jinan) Co., Ltd. - SMART metering, for worldwide energy efficiency cooperation
- GoGas - Best climate for your building-LUBI Wall
The forum established a pragmatic platform to facilitate the bilateral exchanges and cooperation between the energy-saving and low-carbon enterprises in China and Germany. If you are interested in this forum, please contact us (Ms. LV Yanan, yanan.lv(at)giz.de) for further information.