As a German federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ operates worldwide and has been operating in China for 40 years.
Assignment Period: at least for two years
Type of employment: full-time job
Application deadline: as soon as possible
Our Project “Sino-German Energy Partnership Project” based in Beijing offers a position as technical advisor, starting from 18 January 2021.
- Technical and organizational support for implementing project activities and events in coordination with the project team
- Advisory on the policy and regulatory framework to promote energy transition, in particular on measures to promote renewable energy and decarbonization of energy sector
- Research, analysis and summary of up-to-date information on China’s energy and energy efficiency sector development, policies and regulations as well as economic restructuring of resource-dependent regions
- Organization and arrangement of capacity building and training activities for Chinese partners
- Facilitating experience exchange on energy topics between German experts and relevant stakeholders
- Regular contacts and dialogue with German and Chinese partners (including translation and interpreting)
- Planning, coordination, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of project activities
- Development of new projects with public and private partners
- Knowledge management within the framework of the project (especially information and know-how on German and Chinese energy and energy efficiency policies and technologies).
- Master and/or Bachelor university degree in an area related to the project’s topics, e.g. energy, renewable energy, power market and facility management etc.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in energy area in particular with energy and renewable energy or similar.
- Knowledge of Chinese and international policies and best practices on renewable energy and overall energy transition. Knowledge of the German experiences a plus.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills. Efficient, accurate and high-quality delivery of all work-related output.
- High work ethics, reliability, personal integrity and motivation. The successful candidate must be able to handle multiple simultaneous assignments with competing priorities and fixed deadlines.
- Chinese mother tongue and fluency in German or English (written and spoken).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills. Diplomatic communication and political sensitivity required due to work in a bilateral government cooperation project of high visibility.
- We are a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and work to build a future worth living around the world. We support projects in over 130 countries to achieve goals sustainably together with our partners.
- Everyone has the same opportunities in our company, regardless of gender, nationality, religion, sexual orientation or physical disability. We recruit based on specialist expertise and social skills.
- Transparency and fair opportunities for career advancement are just as much as a matter of course for us as gender not being a barrier to taking up a management position.
- We provide opportunities for taking part in training and professional development to all our staff. Our Academy for International Cooperation (AIZ) will help you develop your skills.
- We reward our staff with good remuneration, attractive benefits and cooperative working atmosphere.
- Comprehensive task profile in a highly dynamic and inspirational field of work.
As a non-profit, federally owned enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is active in over 130 countries worldwide, implementing international cooperation projects and measures in the field of sustainable development on behalf of the German Government, as well as other national and international clients (e.g. EU, private enterprises, and foundations). In addition, GIZ is also engaged in the field of professional training around the globe.
With about 40 years of experience implementing projects in the People's Republic of China, GIZ provides policy advice on various topics and sectors relating to China’s reform process, including: environmental protection, sustainable economic development (especially renewable energies and energy efficiency), sustainable urban development, sustainable transport development, vocational training, law, product safety and consumer protection.
The performance profile of GIZ is continually being adapted to the cooperation needs of both countries – within the framework of the “Comprehensive Sino-German Strategic Partnership” – as well as within the framework of the dynamic changes occurring as a part of Chinese reform policies. In addition, GIZ works as both adviser and service provider at the interface between the economic and political spheres. GIZ is also active in those fields in which German actors possess in-depth profiles and competitive advantages, and where German expertise is in high demand.
Sino-German Energy Partnership
In the framework of the Sino-German Economic and Technological Cooperation Forum, the Sino-German Energy Partnership was jointly founded by the National Development and Reform Commission of the P.R. China (NDRC) and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) in 2007. Since then, through the bilateral Energy and Energy Efficiency Working Groups the Sino-German Energy Partnership has promoted the bilateral dialogue by supporting the regular intergovernmental consultations as well as serving as a platform for the exchange of best practices and initiation of joint projects in the field of energy and energy efficiency. Commissioned by BMWi the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is implementing the Sino-German Energy Partnership Project to facilitate the energy-related political dialogue, technical exchange and business cooperation between Germany and China in order to advance the energy transition in both countries. In the frame of this partnership, the project cooperates with National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) on energy efficiency and National Energy Administration (NEA) on renewable energy.
The Sino-German Energy Partnership supports the policy dialogue at government-level, facilitates technical exchange among experts, and promotes the exchange of best practices in demonstration projects and support business collaborations for mutual benefit in the fields of renewable energy as well as energy efficiency in industry and buildings.
Please send your complete application (with the subject: Application for Job-ID 2020-551) incl. cover letter, CV, references and photo indicating your starting date and salary expectation in Chinese and either German or English, via E-Mail as soon as possible to:
In addition, please mention in your cover letter how you got to know about our job advertisement.